Hairline lowering surgery in Iran, also known as forehead lowering, forehead reduction, hairline advancement, hairline Correction, and foreheadplasty is used to lower the hairline, reduce the height of the forehead and correct the normal temple recession to give a more rounded hairline. The procedure of Hairline lowering in Iran is commonly combined with brow lift surgery in Iran or brow contouring surgery.
Having a disproportionately high hairline or large forehead can divert attention from one’s otherwise balanced facial features and weigh heavily on a person’s self-esteem. Many of these individuals resort to wearing certain hairstyles that camouflage their high hairlines and would never consider wearing their hair styled backward in a ponytail. Genetics, hair loss or even prior surgery can all be causes for a high hairline. Unfortunately, many people who have a high hairline are unaware that a procedure exists for both women and men that reduces the size of the forehead and effectively lowers the hairline. Hairline lowering and forehead reduction in Iran are both very effective and efficient at lowering the height of the hairline. The typical hairline begins somewhere between 5 to 6.5 centimeters above the brows, and a hairline above this height can cause the face to appear disproportionate.
Who is a good candidate for hairline lowering in Iran?
Good candidates for the surgery of hairline lowering and forehead reduction in Iran include women with a naturally high hairline or large forehead who otherwise have thick hair and no personal or familial history of hair loss. Men with a high hairline or large forehead can also be good candidates for the surgery of hairline lowering in Iran if they have a thick hairline and no personal or family history of hair loss.
What are the different types of hairline lowering procedures?
Hairline lowering in Iran refers to forehead reduction either by surgical hairline advancement or through hair grafting.
- Surgical hairline advancement, as the name suggests, includes a surgery that takes place on the forehead. A part of the skin next to the hairline, generally not more than 2-3 cm thick, is removed. After the excess skin is removed, the remaining part is stitched back. The result is a lowered hairline. The surgery results in a scar that is hidden by hair grafting in case it is also performed. There is a biodegradable scalp that is put behind the skin. It attaches the skin with the muscles beneath so as to avoid scarring.
- Grafting hair is the alternate procedure for hairline lowering. The technique involves grafting hair in front of the hairline. It is, at times, used as an independent technique to reduce the forehead. This is done by increasing layers of hair above the natural hairline. This method is non-surgical in nature.
The different kinds of hairline lowering in Iran techniques also differ in terms of price and need of the patient.
Preparing for a procedure of hairline lowering and forehead reduction in Iran
Depending on your age and general health, certain preoperative tests may be necessary before the hairline lowering surgery. If you are a smoker, your doctor will recommend that you stop smoking both before surgery and during your recovery period as smoking decreases blood flow in the skin and can slow the healing process. In addition, smoking increases the risk of tissue damage. By stopping smoking, you will improve your ability to heal and optimize your postoperative results. Certain medications will need to be avoided both before and after the forehead reduction surgery such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, which can increase bleeding. For the day of surgery, you should also make plans for someone to bring you to and from the surgical center and stay with you at least the first night afterward.
The recovery and post-operative care after forehead reduction in Iran
After the procedure of hairline lowering in Iran, there can be minimal to moderate swelling in the forehead and scalp, and sometimes around the eye or cheek area. Most swelling diminishes over the first several days and is completely resolved within the first couple of weeks after hairline lowering surgery. Mild bruising can also occur around the eyes, but this is normal and does not interfere with vision. Numbness or reduced sensation should be expected around and just behind the hairline. This is temporary and is expected to resolve within the first few weeks to months. Many patients are healed enough to go back to work after a couple of days and can use a scarf or large hat for camouflage.
In order to speed up the healing process, you need to consider the following items after the procedure of hairline lowering in Iran:
- Do not wash hair for at least two days after the forehead reduction surgery takes place.
- Do not engage in strenuous activities such as swimming, gyming, running for at least two weeks.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Apply ice on any area that is swelling or burning due to the hairline lowering surgery. You can even take prescribed medication for the pain and ask your doctor for aftercare instructions.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol one week before as well as one week after the surgery as it slows down the recovery process.
What are the realistic expectations after the procedure of hairline lowering in Iran?
Cosmetic procedures primarily aim to enhance the body of the patients, in order for them to look more appealing. Hence, expectations can often be unreal for an individual undergoing a cosmetic surgery procedure such as hairline lowering surgery.
- The most realistic expectation you can have from the procedure of forehead reduction in Iran is the ‘after-procedure’ look. Generally, skin removal can lower the hairline by 5 cm while the hairline can be lowered by more than 6 cm, with the help of an expander. Looking at after procedure photos can often be misleading and deceptive, given the one-dimensional outlook of the surgery that it provides. To avoid getting carried away by pictures, talk to patients who have undergone the surgery. You can even read patient testimonials for and gain knowledge of a variety of hairline lowering surgery results.
- While the hairline lowering surgery in Iran is beneficial for those will a large forehead, you shouldn’t consider undergoing it if you are prone to scarring. The surgery leads to a long scar along the hairline and if you have a tendency to scar or if your skin cannot heal from scars easily, you should rethink the procedure.
- It is also realistic to expect that the surgery will have a few after effects such as swelling, bleeding and slight pain around the treated area that will subside in different recovery stages.
Will hairline lowering procedure lead to scarring?
Scars are inevitable in a hairline lowering procedure that involves surgery. But the extent of the visibility of the scar depends on a number of factors, such as the scarring tendency (color of skin, the texture of the skin, etc.) of the patient, precautions taken after the procedure and the skills of the surgeon. After the skin is stitched back, there is a recovery period of 7-10 days during which the patient needs to take excessive care so as to avoid making the scars more prominent. With appropriate care, the scars can diminish in 6-12 months.
Choosing the right doctor who is skilled and experienced enough is necessary. Iranian qualified surgeons are able to make sure that the scar is least noticeable.
The hairline lowering surgery cost in Iran
The cost of hairline lowering surgery in countries like the United States and Australia is anywhere between $4000 to $7000 which is a high price for almost every people. We can come closer and take a look at prices in other countries; the cost of hairline lowering surgery in Turkey, for example, is around $3000 to $4000; yet an expensive one! We can also have a wiser approach and consider Iran for performing a forehead reduction. Hairline lowering surgery cost in Iran is around $2000 to $3000. A very reasonable and affordable price as well as many other benefits which you can use by performing your hairline lowering in Iran.
All you need to do is to contact us, and MedoTrip’s consultant will provide you with all the details and the steps you need to take to perform hairline lowering and forehead reduction in Iran.